13. Black and Kinky Amongst Brown Waves

by Margaux Delotte-Bennett

This is an original play/performance piece by my friend Margaux. She spent almost a year in India on an internship for her MSW program at Galliadet, a deaf university in Washington, D.C. As a black woman in India, she experienced aloneness and, to some degree, alienation, for the first time. It was a hard trip, but one in which she made friends with herself.

This is an exceptional performance piece but I shall not say much as it's in the early drafting stage and, of course, has not been performed. I'll post here when she schedules the performances!

I'm very proud of her and am glad to be a part of the process toward its creation.

2 comments:

Somnambulist said...

I would like to make friends with myself.

Maybe I will do a review of "Flags Day". :-)

Crumbolst said...

Oh, I forgot about that!